From FriendlyARM WiKi
Revision as of 11:54, 25 December 2019 by Yftan
1 Test Network Performance
- In Friendlycore we can use the iperf utility to test network performance. Make sure your board is connected properly and the hardware works before start testing
- To avoid interference from unexpected sources use an independent IP section and test with a PC host.
1.1 Setup Network
- When you test Ethernet please disable WiFi. You can disable WiFi by running the following commands.
ifconfig wlan0 down ifconfig
- When you test WiFi please disconnect or disable Ethernet. You can disable Ethernet by running the following commands.
ifconfig eth0 down ifconfig
1.2 Test Transmission Performance
Run your PC host as a server and your board as a client. Test your board's transmission performance by sending data from your board to your PC host.
- 1. Check your PC's IP address by running the following command. In our test our PC's IP address was 192.168.10.100
- 2. Open a terminal on your PC and run the iperf command as follows on the terminal to set your PC as a server
- 3. Open a terminal on your board and run the iperf command as follows on the terminal to set your board as a client. Make sure to fill your PC's IP address in the iperf command
iperf -c 192.168.10.100 -t 60 -i 1
iperf -c 192.168.10.102 -t 60 -i 1