From FriendlyARM WiKi
FriendlyCore System Cross-Compiler
- it applies to 64-bit Armv8 Cortex-A, little-endian architechture. FriendlyElec uses it for its H5 based boards.
- It can recognize a FriendlyElec's H5 based board and load its dtb file accordingly.
- It optimizes memory settings.
- It supports voltage regulation IC sy8106a and applies only to NanoPi K1 Plus/NanoPi NEO Core2.
- It supports MAC generation from H5's CPU ID.
- It supports system booting from either SD card or eMMC and can automatically load the kernel from the booting device.
- It supports LED. You can access it via "/sys/class/leds".
- It supports GPIO. You can access it via "/sys/class/gpio/".
- It supports UART0/1/2/3. You can access it via "/dev/ttySX".
- It supports PWM0. You can access it via "/sys/class/pwm/". The UART0 pin is multiplexed.
- It supports I2S0. It works together with PCM5102A codec. The I2C1 pin is multiplexed.
- It supports Watchdog. You can access it via "/dev/watchX".
- It can read a CPU ID. You can access it via "/sys/bus/nvmem/devices/sunxi-sid0/nvmem".
- It supports IR Receiver. You need to connect an IR receiver to the board.
- It supports dynamic CPU voltage regulation.
- It supports TF Card.
- It supports 1000M Ethernet.
- It supports H5's internal Codec and supports voice playing and recording.
- It supports USB Camera(CAM202).
- It supports popular USB WiFi Adapters.
- It supports popular USB Ethernet Adapters.
- It supports popular USB Serial Converters.
- It supports popular USB Sound Cards.
- Based on UbuntuCore-16.04, it has original UbuntuCore features.
- It has popular utilties:VIM/Nano/SSHserver and etc.
- It has Qt-Embedded-4.8 and suitable for rapid product prototyping which needs a GUI.
- It has a network management utility "NetworkManager" which can automatically detect and connect to a network. For more details refer to: NetworkManager。
- It has a commandline utility "npi-config" which can be used to set a user password, language, timezone, Hostname, SSH enable/disable, auto-login, hardware interface and etc. For more details refer to Npi-config。
- It expands the file system on the first system boot.
- It supports file system auto-repair on system boot.
- It supports 512MB's swap.
- It supports WiringNP which functions like Arduino's API and can be used to access NanoPi boards' gpio/i2c/spi and etc. For more details refer to: WiringNP。
- It supports FriendlyElec's BakeBit which is a set of sensor modules including hardware components(such as NanoHat Hub extension board) and software (such as BakeBit). For more details refer to BakeBit .
- It supports RPi.GPIO which can be used to access NanoPi boards' gpio with Python. For more details refer to RPi.GPIO.