BakeBit - Buzzer
- The BakeBit-Buzzer is a passive buzzer. To drive this buzzer an oscillating source generating 2.7K square waves is needed.
- PWM input signals with different frequencies generate different sounds.
- It can be used in electronic devices that need sound generators.
- Standard 2.0mm pitch 4 Pin BakeBit interface
- PWM input
- PCB dimension(mm): 20 x 24
- Pin Description:
|GND||Supply Voltage 5V|
Code Sample: Button And Buzzer
A BakeBit - Button module is needed in this test case.
Connect the buzzer module to the NanoHat Hub's D3 and the button module to the NanoHat Hub's D4:
import time from bakebit import * import math buzzer_pin = 3 #Port for buzzer button = 4 #Port for Button old_button_status = -1 pinMode(buzzer_pin,"OUTPUT") # Assign mode for buzzer as output pinMode(button,"INPUT") # Assign mode for Button as input buzzer_on = False old_buzzer_on = not buzzer_on button_pressed = False while True: try: while True: button_status = digitalRead(button) #Read the Button status # print button_status if old_button_status < 0: break if button_status != old_button_status: break time.sleep(0.2) old_button_status = button_status if button_status == 0: button_pressed = True else: if button_pressed: buzzer_on = not buzzer_on button_pressed = False if old_buzzer_on != buzzer_on: old_buzzer_on = buzzer_on if buzzer_on: analogWrite(buzzer_pin,127) print "Buzzing" else: analogWrite(buzzer_pin,0) print "\tOff" time.sleep(0.2) except KeyboardInterrupt: # Stop the buzzer before stopping digitalWrite(buzzer_pin,0) break except (IOError,TypeError) as e: print("Error")
Run Code Sample
Before you run the code sample you need to follow the steps in bakebit tutorial to install the BakeBit package.
Enter the "BakeBit/Software/Python" directory and run the "bakebit_prj_Button_And_Buzzer.py" program:
cd ~/BakeBit/Software/Python sudo python bakebit_prj_Button_And_Buzzer.py
When the button is clicked the buzzer will beep and if it is clicked again the buzzer will be silent.
- [Schematic](BakeBit - Buzzer.pdf)
- [BakeBit Github Project Page](https://github.com/friendlyarm/BakeBit)
- [BakeBit Starter Kit User's Manual](http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/bakebit/bakebit_starter_kit_manual_en.pdf)
- Released English version
- Renamed "NEO-Hub" to "NanoHat-Hub"
- Renamed "NanoHat-Hub" to "NanoHat Hub"